Week 13 of the NFL season starts on Thursday with the Minnesota Vikings hosting the Dallas Cowboys, but the Vikings will be without their head coach. Mike Zimmer will not coach in the game after having emergency eye surgery on Wednesday. Special teams coach Mike Priefer will serve as Minnesota's interim head coach in Zimmer's absence.
• Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck participated fully in practice on Wednesday but is still in concussion protocol, reports Kevin Bowen of Colts.com. Luck is expected to play Monday night against the New York Jets.
• New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (knee), tight end Rob Gronkowski (punctured lung) and wide receiver Julian Edelman (foot) all missed practice on Wednesday, reports Jim McBride of the Boston Globe.
• Los Angeles Rams head coach Jeff Fisher says he is not concerned about his job security despite the team's 4-7 record so far this season, reports ESPN's Alden Gonzalez.
• Denver Broncos fullback Andy Janovich has been placed on injured reserve after having ankle surgery, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• The NFL has still not made a decision on the potential reinstatement of Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith, reports ESPN's Paul Gutierrez. Smith's year-long suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy ended on Nov. 17, and he applied for reinstatement on Oct. 3.