Jets WR to sort out issues with Sanchez
BUILDUP TO INDY
- Super Bowl XLVI: 6:30 p.m. ET, Sunday
- Manning family vs. Brady
- Super Bowl Cheat Sheet
- Patriots' Kraft still hurting
- Belichick needs to secure legacy
- Billick's matchups and storylines
- Jacobs savors another Super Bowl
- Eli's leap could come in Peyton's place
- Super Bowl odds a mix of science, art
- Giants linebacker a true inspiration
- Ochocinco has 86'd 'me' attitude
- Reason for Giants' turnaround
- Giants' Coughlin forging a legacy
- High price of the Super Bowl
- Not about Boston vs. New York
- Picks, predictions
Jets coach Rex Ryan said late Friday he has spoken with both players and Holmes told him he would like to get away for a weekend with Sanchez as the two try to fix their chemistry.
"It seemed like that was what Santonio was talking about," Ryan said. "I don't know if he's reached out to Mark yet and done anything but that is what I believe to be true."
Ryan is at the Super Bowl to make some promotional appearances. A month after the 8-8 season ended in disaster in Miami for the Jets, he said he feels like everything will be better in 2012.
The relationship between his quarterback and receiver is first on that list.
"The first year they had good chemistry together," Ryan said. "Whatever happened, happened, but we'll learn from it. I'm confident because I think we have to be successful, they have to be successful together. I know one thing: They are both extremely competitive."
Ryan added, "There isn't one person in this organization who feels good about where we finished. We can't wait to get it done again. We'd love to be able to play [Sunday]. We'll see. I think the strength of our football team will be in how we feel about each other and all that, the chemistry that we've always built. I think that will be a strength and won't be a weakness like it might have been perceived this year."