Saints sign first-round pick Vaccaro
METAIRIE, La. (AP)
New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says first-round pick Kenny Vaccaro and three other draft choices have signed four-year contracts on the eve of the first rookie camp practice.
- Draft Tracker: Pick-by-pick
- Which undrafted players signed?
- Barkley, QBs go on Day 3
- 10 takeaways from Day 2
- Chargers pick Te'o on Day 2
- Jets pick Geno Smith on Day 2
- Emotional Honey Badger to Cards
- Round 1 winners & losers
- OT Fisher goes No. 1 to Chiefs
- Photos: Best draft images
- Draft Central: Full coverage
Loomis says the Saints on Thursday have also signed one of their third-round picks, Terron Armstead, fifth-round pick Kenny Stills and sixth-round pick Rufus Johnson.
Vaccaro, a safety out of Texas, was selected 15th overall in last month's draft. He is expected to compete for playing time right away at both safety positions and at nickel cornerback.
The 6-foot-5, 304-pound Armstead was drafted out of Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Stills was a standout wide receiver at Oklahoma.
Johnson played defensive end at Tarleton State in Texas and will line up as an outside linebacker in New Orleans' 3-4 defense.