Pats DT Armstead in good condition
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)
New England Patriots defensive tackle Armond Armstead is in good condition after surgery to treat an infection.
TRAINING CAMP INJURIES
- Steelers WR Burress out for season
- Season over for injured Saints duo
- Packers LT Bulaga opts for surgery
- Second Eagles wideout tears ACL
- Chargers WR Alexander tears ACL
- 49ers CB Culliver tears ACL
- Seahawks' Harvin needs surgery
- Eagles WR Maclin tears ACL
- Ravens TE Pitta out for season
- Photos: NFL major injuries
The team announced the operation on Monday but gave no further details. It said he is expected to make a full recovery and gave no timetable for his return.
Armstead is on the non-football injury list and has not participated in training camp since it began on Thursday.
A heart condition sidelined Armstead for his senior season at Southern California in 2011. He wasn't drafted by an NFL team and played last season in the Canadian Football League. Patriots coach Bill Belichick has said Armstead's current condition is unrelated to any health issues he had in college.