Glazer: Allen 'proud' to still be Viking
The NFL trade deadline has come and gone, and Jared Allen is still a Viking. That's apparently just fine by him.
WANT SEXIER SPORTS?
- See Miesha Tate's sexy cover
- Model dating another SEC QB?
- Paulina Gretzky's top is on firrrrrre!
- US soccer stars rock sexy costumes
- Cheerleaders site hacked by porn
- Kanye saved Khloe-Lamar marriage?
- SF residents call Nike, get phone sex
- Gronk offers his services to the ladies
- MLB helps Kanye, Kim K hook up
The Pro Bowl defensive end sent FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer a tweet Tuesday after his heavily rumored potential exit did not come to pass.
As Glazer relayed it, via his Twitter: "Just got this text from Jared Allen: 'Proud to still be a Viking. I watched all the trade stuff like everyone else. It is a part of this business. 100% committed to turning this season around.'"
Allen has been a big success in Minnesota since coming over via trade in 2008, but he is a free agent after this season. With the Vikings languishing at 1-5, he was a prime candidate for a move. The team could still get a compensatory pick in the 2015 draft if he leaves in free agency.
Allen, 31, has made five Pro Bowls — four with the Vikings — and has 121.5 sacks in his career.