CB Simon arrested on draft night
NEW ORLEANS (AP)
Former LSU cornerback and NFL draft prospect Tharold Simon is facing possible charges in his hometown of Eunice for his alleged treatment of a police officer who ordered Simon to move his parked car out of the street.
- Draft Tracker: Pick-by-pick
- Which undrafted players signed?
- Barkley, QBs go on Day 3
- 10 takeaways from Day 2
- Chargers pick Te'o on Day 2
- Jets pick Geno Smith on Day 2
- Emotional Honey Badger to Cards
- Round 1 winners & losers
- OT Fisher goes No. 1 to Chiefs
- Photos: Best draft images
- Draft Central: Full coverage
Simon's agent, Peter Schaffer, disputes police accounts and says the officer overacted in a ''shameful'' abuse of power.
According to a police report first obtained by KATC-TV, Simon was arrested Thursday night on charges of public intimidation, resisting an officer and a noise violation. He was released on bond.
Police say Simon blared his stereo while moving his car, said he could have the officer fired for writing a ticket, then moved his arm away when the officer tried to arrest him.
Schaffer is certain Simon acted appropriately and will be exonerated.