Report: Marino plans to withdraw from concussion lawsuit vs. NFL
JUN 03, 2014 1:57p ET
Miami Dolphins legend Dan Marino plans to drop out of a concussion lawsuit vs. the NFL that was filed last week by multiple former players in a U.S. District Court in Philadelphia, according to the (Fort Lauderale) Sun-Sentinel in Florida.
The Hall of Fame quarterback had joined with 14 other former players to file suit against the league, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday.
But a source told the Sun-Sentinel that Marino intends to withdraw.
"It was never Marino's intention to initiate litigation in this case, but to ensure that in the event he had adverse health consequences down the road, he would be covered with health benefits. They are working to correct the error," a source told the paper.
MORE TO COME