Report: Colts hire ex-Steeler Arians
BUILDUP TO INDY
- Super Bowl XLVI: 6:30 p.m. ET, Sunday
- Manning family vs. Brady
- Super Bowl Cheat Sheet
- Patriots' Kraft still hurting
- Belichick needs to secure legacy
- Billick's matchups and storylines
- Jacobs savors another Super Bowl
- Eli's leap could come in Peyton's place
- Super Bowl odds a mix of science, art
- Giants linebacker a true inspiration
- Ochocinco has 86'd 'me' attitude
- Reason for Giants' turnaround
- Giants' Coughlin forging a legacy
- High price of the Super Bowl
- Not about Boston vs. New York
- Picks, predictions
Arians declined comment when reached Saturday, but the paper cited a source with knowledge of the situation in reporting the hiring.
Arians, 59, was the Colts' quarterbacks coach for the first three years of Peyton Manning's NFL career beginning in 1998.
The Colts hired Chuck Pagano as head coach last week.
Arians coached for the Steelers for eight seasons, including the last five as Mike Tomlin's offensive coordinator. Although the Steelers announced he retired at the end of the season, Arians said he was not offered a new contract.
The paper also reported Clyde Christensen, the Colts' offensive coordinator the past two seasons, might remain return to duties as the wide receivers coach, a job he held from 2002-09.