– The Pittsburgh Steelers cross Pennsylvania to play the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. These teams face each other only every four years, and this time each is 2-0 and looking strong.
– ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – The AL East-leading Boston Red Sox try to extend their winning streak to 10 games and move closer to a playoff berth, sending Rick Porcello (21-4) to the mound against the Tampa Bay Rays. Game starts 6:10 p.m.
– SAN DIEGO – Madison Bumgarner (14-9) starts for San Francisco against the San Diego Padres. The Giants hold the second NL wild-card spot, with St. Louis a half-game back. Game starts 8:40 p.m.
– LOS ANGELES – Vin Scully reflects on his 67-year Hall of Fame broadcasting career a day before calling his final game at Dodger Stadium.
– ATLANTA – U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson has a one-shot lead over Kevin Chappell going into the third round of the Tour Championship. Johnson is moving closer to the $10 million FedEx Cup prize.
– ATLANTA – U.S. captain Davis Love III refers to his Ryder Cup team as ''the best golf team maybe ever assembled,'' a surprising comment for two reasons: Love isn't known for being brash; his team isn't even assembled yet.
– LOUDON, N.H. – The NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup championship shifts to New Hampshire for the second race of the playoffs. Martin Truex Jr. clinched a berth in the round of 12 by winning last week at Chicagoland.
– TORONTO – Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin meet again, with the Canadian and Russian stars leading their teams in the first of two semifinals at the World Cup of Hockey. Game starts 7 p.m.
– MANCHESTER, England – Manchester United drops struggling captain Wayne Rooney from the lineup and overwhelms champion Leicester 4-1 in the English Premier League.