FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Thursday, June 27
For starters, there’s an NBA Draft happening Thursday night, and no one is sure just yet who will go No. 1. (But we have a good guess.) It's also being reported that Dwight Howard won't be back with the Lakers next season.
On the diamond, the Philadelphia Phillies have some decisions to make with regard to their veteran stars, Brian Cashman apologized for telling A-Rod to STFU, and elsewhere in Yankeeland, Mark Teixeira will miss the rest of the season.
As for everything else, here’s some more of what you may have missed:
• Alex Len: From the Ukraine to No. 1 in the NBA Draft? Could be.
• A minor league team is giving away a funeral.
• Gilbert Arenas reportedly busted with 100 pounds of illegal fireworks.
• Denard Robinson's official position with the Jaguars? Offensive Weapon.
• While the Chicago Blackhawks took the Stanley Cup bar-hopping, 6-foot-9 Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara rode a children’s ride at an amusement park:
• We also learned that Chara's Bruins teammate Patrice Bergeron played Game 6 with a hole in his lung.
• The Seattle Mariners will be flying a gay pride flag at Sunday's game.
• Move over, Yasiel Puig. MLB teams are lining up to watch the next big Cuban prospect.
• Aaron Hernandez's arrest brings sadness to his hometown of Bristol, Conn.
• Vanderbilt assistant football coach Herb Hand is a finalist for Chopped:
• South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw tested his healing foot by skydiving.
• Vince Carter is still an inspiration to young Canadian hoops stars.
• Local businesses are pitching in after a youth league had $13,000 in equipment stolen.
• Rollerblader celebrates winning race, then loses race:
• The future of sports betting in New Jersey is a big battle.
• Ultimate frisbee keeps getting bigger.
• As the A-Rod drama grows, is retirement becoming an option?
• Oops, wrong Aaron:
• Jimmer Fredette returns home for basketball camp.
• Don Nelson and his ex-wife, divorced in 1989, are back in court.
• Cubs GM wants to emulate Blackhawks' path to greatness.
• The LA Lakers are going all out trying to convince Dwight Howard to stay. Ask the Orlando Magic how that worked out for them.
• Digger Phelps keeps fighting the fight against cancer.
• How would you fare in the lug nut challenge?
• Newspaper columnist tries MMA on for size.
• Chris Bosh discussed photobombing with Conan O’Brien:
• Are the Avs truly settled on Nathan MacKinnon as the No. 1 pick in the NHL draft?
• Take an inside look at the Green Monster.
• Teenage hockey player charged for on-ice assault.
• CFL's Calgary Stampeders are doing their part to help flood victims in the area.
• An unknown Florida high schooler may have thrown down the poster dunk of the year:
More Stories From Sam Gardner