Police seek 'armed and dangerous' man as suspected accessory in Aaron Hernandez case.
A man arrested in Connecticut in connection with the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was being sent to Massachusetts on Friday, and investigators found a car they had been searching for.
A judge in Bristol on Friday ordered Carlos Ortiz turned over to Massachusetts authorities.
New Britain State's attorney said investigators arrested the 27-year-old Ortiz in Bristol on Wednesday as part of the inquiry into the slaying of Boston semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.
Hernandez is charged with murder in the slaying of Lloyd near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass. He has pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail.
Ortiz was charged in Connecticut as a fugitive from justice. His public defender, Alfonzo Sirica, declined to comment about the case.
Also Friday, Massachusetts authorities said law enforcement officers recovered a car that is linked to a third man they have connected to Lloyd's killing.
North Attleborough police and the Bristol County district attorney's office said a 2012 Chrysler 300 they were looking for had been found. Neither agency would say whether Ernest Wallace, the man authorities are seeking on a charge of acting as an accessory after Lloyd's murder, is now in custody.
Authorities revealed Thursday night that they were seeking Wallace, who they said should be considered armed and dangerous and who was last seen driving the silver Chrysler with Rhode Island tags.