NFC champ Giants arrive in Indianapolis
BUILDUP TO INDY
- Super Bowl XLVI: 6:30 p.m. ET, Sunday
- Manning family vs. Brady
- Super Bowl Cheat Sheet
- Patriots' Kraft still hurting
- Belichick needs to secure legacy
- Billick's matchups and storylines
- Jacobs savors another Super Bowl
- Eli's leap could come in Peyton's place
- Super Bowl odds a mix of science, art
- Giants linebacker a true inspiration
- Ochocinco has 86'd 'me' attitude
- Reason for Giants' turnaround
- Giants' Coughlin forging a legacy
- High price of the Super Bowl
- Not about Boston vs. New York
- Picks, predictions
"The players were excited when they got on the plane," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said. "There were video cameras and all that stuff. They were excited."
Eli Manning said the team concentrated on productive practices the week before arriving, and made sure all extra items, such as family travel arrangements and ticket requests, were taken care of.
"Once you get to Indianapolis, your schedule is thrown off," Manning said. "I told the guys when we get [here], focus on getting into the game plan. The mindset is, this is a business trip and get ready to play our best football."
The Giants are staying at a downtown hotel in the middle of the Super Bowl experience, unlike four years ago when they were located away from the commotion prior to Super Bowl XLII in Arizona.
"There'll probably [be] more distractions, the hotel probably will be a little more crowded," Manning said. "It's just something as a team each individual has to realize, [that you] can't get distracted or let anything get in the way of getting ready to play on Sunday."