Al Davis died of heart failure
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)
AL DAVIS: 1929-2011
- Al Davis dies at 82
- Raiders win one for Davis
- Video: NFL on FOX crew reacts
- Video: Raiders react
- Video: Legacy of Al Davis
- Video: Marcus Allen reflects
- Reaction to Davis' death
- Gay: I knew the real Davis
- Czar: Davis' passion helped form NFL
- Marvez: Raiders left on right track
- LaMarre: Davis' drive to win
- Goodell: Davis a true legend
- Kriegel: A personal encounter
- Gallery: Career retrospective
- Reaction on Twitter
- 10 little-known Davis facts
The cause of former Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis' death has been determined to have been heart failure.
The death certificate issued by Alameda County — obtained by the San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News — says Davis died at age 82 at 2:45 a.m. on Oct. 8 from an abnormal hearth rhythm, congestive heart failure and a heart muscle disease.
He died at the Oakland Airport Hilton, where he lived during much of the football season.
According to the certificate, Davis also had a form of skin cancer and had undergone throat surgery three days before his death. He also underwent heart surgery in 1996.