Jags' Gabbert injured, leaves game
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)
TRAINING CAMP INJURIES
- Steelers WR Burress out for season
- Season over for injured Saints duo
- Packers LT Bulaga opts for surgery
- Second Eagles wideout tears ACL
- Chargers WR Alexander tears ACL
- 49ers CB Culliver tears ACL
- Seahawks' Harvin needs surgery
- Eagles WR Maclin tears ACL
- Ravens TE Pitta out for season
- Photos: NFL major injuries
Gabbert, competing with Chad Henne for the starting job, appeared to bang his throwing hand on one of the Jets' defensive players' helmets Saturday night. He was replaced by Henne late in the second quarter, but the Jaguars announced that Gabbert was coming out of the game regardless of the injury.
Before the injury, Gabbert made a good case to wrap up the Jaguars' starting job, going 13 of 16 for 165 yards and a touchdown. He played the first four series in the team's exhibition opener against Miami, going 5 of 10 for 19 yards.