Lions' Johnson out with knee bruise
TRAINING CAMP INJURIES
- Steelers WR Burress out for season
- Season over for injured Saints duo
- Packers LT Bulaga opts for surgery
- Second Eagles wideout tears ACL
- Chargers WR Alexander tears ACL
- 49ers CB Culliver tears ACL
- Seahawks' Harvin needs surgery
- Eagles WR Maclin tears ACL
- Ravens TE Pitta out for season
- Photos: NFL major injuries
Johnson, who had a league-leading 122 receptions for an NFL-record 1,964 yards last season, caught three passes in Detroit's preseason opener last week against the New York Jets. The Lions did not provide any other details before Thursday night's game about Johnson's injury. It's possible the team just wants to rest its most talented player.
Patrick Edwards will start in place of Johnson.
Johnson will begin the season needing 1,338 yards to pass Herman Moore (9,174) for the most receiving yards in team history.