Did the Packers reach out to Brett Favre after Aaron Rodgers’ injury?

By Tully Corcoran, FOXSports.com

Brett Favre will not be the new quarterback of the Green Bay Packers.

I know, I know, and I’m sorry. It’s just that there briefly appeared to be some legitimacy to that possibility. At 1:06 a.m. Tuesday — a few hours after Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers left the game with what turned out to be a broken clavicle — Howard Balzer reported via Twitter the Packers had reached out to Favre, presumably not just to reminisce about the good ol’ days.

Balzer is best known as a sports radio host in St. Louis now, but he’s also a reporter who has been covering the NFL for decades, so this deserved some attention, even though Favre, 44, seemingly made it clear he was retired for good when the St. Louis Rams inquired about his availability after Sam Bradford got hurt.

“I am in no way considering playing,” he told USA Today last month.

The reason he wouldn’t consider it, he told WSPZ-AM in Washington, is that he is suffering from memory loss he suspects is a result of the concussions he sustained playing football.

“It’s a little bit scary to me,” Favre said.

So, no, he will not be joining the Packers, and Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, told ESPNWisconsin.com the Packers haven’t spoken with Favre and didn’t know if they tried to.