Week 14 brought some horrendous weather in the East, but don’t think offenses just went to sleep and waited for warmer temperatures. Sunday’s games brought some serious heat in the form of big plays. When I mean big plays, I’m talking runs or passes of 50 yards or more.
Here are some of the more memorable ones.
1. LeSean McCoy’s 57-yard touchdown run was part of Philadelphia’s second-half breakout against the Lions. The Eagles would end up scoring an amazing 34 points over the final two quarters and McCoy had a game to remember. Shady ran for a career-high 217 yards and two touchdowns and can make a claim for team MVP:
2. The Raiders-Jets clash in the Big Apple wasn’t a marquee matchup by any means, but running back Marcel Reece gave us something to remember with this 63-yard scoring scamper:
3. Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon is growing by leaps and bounds every week. He added to his highlight reel with this 80-yard touchdown catch:
4. Did you see the madness at the end of the Vikings-Ravens tilt? Rookie receiver Cordarrelle Patterson was a part of it with his 79-yard catch and run:
5. The Steelers almost pulled off a miracle against the Dolphins when they tried to pass and then lateral several times on the last play of the game. It very nearly worked. If Antonio Brown hadn’t accidentally stepped out of bounds, we’d have a play for the ages. But all this did was cover several yards:
6. Tavon Austin is starting to come into his own in his first season with St. Louis. On Sunday, he showed off his blazing speed with this 56-yard dash:
7. Frank Gore set the 49ers up for their game-winning field goal against the Seahawks when he somehow broke free on this impressive 51-yard run.
8. Buccaneers running back Bobby Rainey opened up the game against the Bills with an 80-yard touchdown run on the first play from scrimmage.
9. Colts receiver Da’Rick Rogers broke a tackle and turned on the Jets during this 69-yard reception for a touchdown.
1. Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas uncorked a 55-yard dash against the Steelers.
2. Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks pulled down a 51-yard reception in San Diego.
3. Patriots running back Shane Vereen did a great job catching a 50-yard pass from Tom Brady against Cleveland.