Big-play Sunday: LeSean McCoy throws some shade on the Lions
Week 14 brought some horrendous weather in the East, but don't think offenses just went to sleep and waited for warmer temperatures. Sunday's games brought some serious heat in the form of big plays. When I mean big plays, I'm talking runs or passes of 50 yards or more.
Here are some of the more memorable ones.
1. LeSean McCoy's 57-yard touchdown run was part of Philadelphia's second-half breakout against the Lions. The Eagles would end up scoring an amazing 34 points over the final two quarters and McCoy had a game to remember. Shady ran for a career-high 217 yards and two touchdowns and can make a claim for team MVP:
5. The Steelers almost pulled off a miracle against the Dolphins when they tried to pass and then lateral several times on the last play of the game. It very nearly worked. If Antonio Brown hadn't accidentally stepped out of bounds, we'd have a play for the ages. But all this did was cover several yards:
6. Tavon Austin is starting to come into his own in his first season with St. Louis. On Sunday, he showed off his blazing speed with this 56-yard dash:
9. Colts receiver Da'Rick Rogers broke a tackle and turned on the Jets during this 69-yard reception for a touchdown.
1. Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas uncorked a 55-yard dash against the Steelers.