FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Monday, June 17
The NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals couldn’t be presenting us with two more different championship series.
On the ice, the Bruins and Blackhawks series is knotted 1-1 and couldn't be closer, with both Game 1 and Game 2 coming down to an overtime game-winner. Meanwhile, the Spurs lead the Heat 3-2, but the road to that point has essentially been a series of blowouts (thanks in no small part to Danny Green, who can't seem to miss from 3).
Here’s to hoping the hockey series continues its trend in Game 3 Monday night and the hoopsters give us a contest worth watching in Game 6 on Tuesday.
As for the rest of the news, here’s some of what you may have missed this Father's Day weekend:
• It's finally Wil Myers time in Tampa Bay.
• Danny Green nearly steamrolled Tim Duncan’s kid on his way to the locker room at halftime:
• Tim Thomas is gone but Tuukka Rask has not forgotten his predecessor in the Boston Bruins net.
• Sewage problems forced the A's and Mariners to share a clubhouse.
• This is the only way to celebrate an ace at the U.S. Open:
• Grab a tissue for this one on the long road back for Mario Garza, manager of the Gulf Coast League Yankees after losing his 19-month-old son two years ago.
• Donald Driver would come out of retirement if the Packers wanted him.
• Birdman’s contribution to the Heat’s “Who Has the Worst Fashion” contest:
• Denny Hamlin paid a cool tribute to Jason Leffler at Michigan on Sunday.
• All of the synonyms Doc Emrick used for “pass” in Saturday’s Game 2:
I love this. Someone recorded every one of Doc Emrick's synonyms for the verb "pass" in Game 2. pic.twitter.com/bYQYyczHrH— Harrison Mooney (@HarrisonMooney) June 16, 2013
• The Avalanche's No. 1 pick in this year's NHL draft seems awfully coveted.
• Rory McIlroy shot himself out of contention Sunday, then took it out on his club.
• McIlroy perhaps could have used a lesson from the 9-year-old who shot a 58 in a sanctioned junior golf tournament.
• Dick Vitale, keeping you up to date on the latest Hollywood gossip:
• It's summertime, which means another college athlete is probably being arrested. The latest is a Florida Gators linebacker.
• Boxers are no strangers to the law either.
• Some crazy lightning interrupted a minor league game this weekend:
• I'm sure life is very tough for Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M.
• A special Father's Day bond between coach and player at Southern U.
• Desmond Howard gets photbombed by Buckeyes fans:
• The Jets are paying more for Tim Tebow than the Patriots.
• How did Deacon Jones coin the term 'sack'?
• Say what now?
More Stories From Sam Gardner