Charges against Blazers' Camby dropped
- Sides trying to save NBA Christmas
- NBA players withdraw one lawsuit
- Kriegel: Anyone missing the NBA?
- Whitlock: Players stand up to bully
- Witz: Ball now in owners' court
- Horrow video: Kiss season goodbye?
- Whitlock: Jordan the owner is a sellout
- Reiter: Heat need lockout to end
- What players are doing during lockout
- 10 biggest lockout losers
Camby, 37, and a passenger were arrested while driving last month after officers found several marijuana cigarettes and a small bag of pot under the front seat at a traffic stop in Pearland, Texas.
The passenger, Kendal Lance Johnson, entered a guilty plea Wednesday to a misdemeanor possession charge and was fined $1,500, but Camby was cleared, The Oregonian reported.
"For the record, Marcus Camby did not get charged with a crime and Marcus Camby did not possess any marijuana," Randall Novak, Camby's Houston-based attorney, said.
"The county district attorney weighed the evidence, weighed the fact that the marijuana was under Kendal's seat . . . and weighed the fact that Kendal is confessing to his marijuana.
"With those facts together, they don't have a case."