NBA denies report that it is considering adding 4-point shot
FEB 25, 2014 7:38p ET
NEW YORK (AP) — NBA players won't be pulling up for a 4-point shot anytime soon.
The league denied Tuesday that any serious discussions had been held about that or expanding the court.
ESPN.com reported that president of operations Rod Thorn and vice president Kiki Vandeweghe, during an interview at All-Star weekend, said the league had discussed both possibilities.
In a statement posted on Twitter, league spokesman Tim Frank says ''No one at the NBA, nor the competition committee, has had any serious conversations about increasing the size of the floor or adding a 4-point line.'' Frank adds ''Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe were entertaining a line of questioning about out of the box ideas and ESPN.com chose to make a story that doesn't exist.''