But if you ask the Pacers, they’ll tell their newly minted LeBron-stopper was a big reason why. Then they’ll say something like "No wait, don’t print that!"
Speaking of backtracking, police in Florida did just that after initially releasing a statement saying Jacksonville Jaguars star Maurice Jones-Drew had been charged with misdemeanor assault. Now, they say he’s cooperating fully with their investigation into an incident that left a restaurant security guard with a bruised jaw.
• It wasn’t all bad for LeBron last night. He did have this ridiculous block on George Hill.
• And LeBron and Dwyane Wade also made a touching tribute to a 10-year-old girl back in Florida who lost a six-year battle against cancer earlier in the day.
• Late Pistons owner William Davidson — worth some $3 billion when he died in 2009 — is the subject of a family legal squabble as his widow and son face off against his daughter from a previous marriage and her husband over control of his charitable foundation.
• Les Miles is down with a more fair way to determine a college football champion. Then again, he eats grass.
• Buck Showalter and his Baltimore Orioles spent some time with wounded veterans at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Tuesday. Yes, Memorial Day was Monday, but guess what — we should be paying our respects every single day.
• UConn baseball coach Jim Penders is working to get his team focused on the NCAA Tournament that begins Friday. But first a few tests to see if he can donate part of his liver to help an old teammate get a new lease on life.