Magic chief executive officer Alex Martins says that Orlando has not filed tampering charges against any other team for any illegal contact with star Dwight Howard.
Martins says that the rules against tampering are clear and that if they had been violated in any way the team would pursue the abusers to the fullest extent of NBA rules. But as of Friday nothing has been filed with the league office.
NBA.com reported that the Magic are pursuing charges because at least one unnamed team spoke with Howard. It followed other reports that said Howard plans to request a trade to the Nets.
Howard is participating in the team’s first training camp practice. He is eligible to opt out of his current contract in July 2012.