FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Wednesday, June 19
After trading blowouts for most of the series, the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs finally gave us a game worth watching Tuesday night, and now the whole NBA season will come down to one game on Thursday.
(Do you think LeBron will go back to the headband with a title on the line?)
Elsewhere, the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks are as ready as they'll ever be for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals, police are investigating the home of Patriots star Aaron Hernandez and Serena Williams caused a stir with her controversial comments on the Steubenville rape case.
There was plenty of other news on Tuesday, too, of course, and here’s some of what you may have missed:
• Donovan McNabb is offering some advice to his nephew, Darnell Nurse, who is about be selected in the NHL Draft.
• Legendary Dodgers play-by-play man Vin Scully was nearly a Yankee.
• New Jersey governor Chris Christie is a Cowboys fan?
• LeBron flops in the offseason, too...
• ...and this guy taught him:
• 'Kickalicious' is making an impression with the Lions.
• Bruins forward Gregory Campbell spoke to the media for the first time since breaking his leg against the Penguins.
• Giants closer Sergio Romo teamed up with a California company to sell ice cream that raises money for immigration reform.
• A cute Rangers fan couple with matching jerseys has, apparently, been together since 1954.
• Sports bar apologizes for profanity on receipt after customer is "charged" for his "f--king needy kids."
• Jose Bautista and Munenori Kawasaki stretch before a game:
• Former Nebraska QB David Humm is honored with his blackshirt.
• Have we hit Johnny Manziel overload?
• Did Nerlens Noel hurt his draft stock by blowing off LeBron's agent and Worldwide Wes?
• A fifth-grade Dodgers fan in a school full of Giants fans shows what it means to be loyal to your team during his graduation speech:
• Jon Hamm and David Freese are "text pals."
• The Flyers signed Islander captain Mark Streit and now are ready to make a move for the Ducks' Bobby Ryan.
• Utah man, 68, is top senior poker player.
• Dancing 1990s baseball figurines:
• An SEC fan's South Carolina-themed license plate worked better in theory than it did in practice.
• Watch this point-of-view video of a dragster doing a 360 at 140 miles per hour:
• What happened to the New York Times' Sports of the Times column?
• Could Maryland center Alex Len be the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft?
• Wayne Gretzky believes the NHL will someday return to Quebec.
• Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand started tweeting in Russian:
Sorry for the Russian barrage. Hacked and recovered.— Tom Lewand (@tomlewand) June 18, 2013
• These twins are transferring from Pittsburgh to play football at Kentucky.
• Baton Rouge woman has quite the fish story.
• Maine Hall of Fame revokes hoopster's induction after child-porn conviction.
• Here’s a guy running on hot lava: