FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Friday, June 14
On the golf course, Phil Mickelson got off to a great start at the U.S. Open despite having flown into Pennsylvania at 4 a.m., while a soggy Tiger struggled early in a group that was anything but ideal.
As for the rest of the news, here’s what you may have missed:
• OK, yeah, San Antonio Spurs pizza is impressive:
Pretty damn impressive pizza made by a Spurs fan: http://t.co/tXB6tbwpLF— Jimmy Traina (@JimmyTraina) June 14, 2013
• Tickets for NBA Finals Game 6 go on sale today at 2 p.m.
• Check out these incredible photos of the deck collapse at a Miami sports bar last night.
• Johnny Football belts out some country music:
• Is Sehawks coach Pete Carroll a 9/11 truther?
• Decisions, decision for the nation's top offensive lineman. Will it be Alabama or LSU?
• Speaking of the Royals, sales of their special sauce are booming.
• Please, someone find Dwyane Wade pants that fit:
Dwyane Wade arrives for Game 4... pic.twitter.com/Bq6PahjdWE— Beyond The Buzzer (@BeyondTheBuzzer) June 13, 2013
• Chicago clothing company creates "Chicago Stronger" shirts, later pulls them from site.
• A recent middle school grad landed a scholarship offer from UCLA.
• But that’s nothing compared to the seventh grader who just got an offer from Kentucky.
• Dwight Howard to play a turkey named Cold Turkey in an animated film about turkeys.
• Johnny Miller on Sergio Garcia being heckled: “He sort of earned it.”
• Tony Stewart gives journalists a trip around Daytona.
• David Ortiz is done with the Home Run Derby.
• UFC fighter implies gay marriage could lead to to incest, pedophilia, polygamy
• Suspended Virginia Tech football player convicted of assault and battery, gets 12 months probation, must pay $13,403.
• Ross Ohlendorf’s new windup is old school:
• UConn hoops assistant, 73, announces his retirement after 43 years in college basketball.
• Minnesota man dies after falling out of deer stand.
• A thank you letter from a former Kansas State basketball player to the Topeka Capital-Journal.
• Lee Westwood hits ball into grandstands at US Open, fan catches it:
• WNBA assistant to make her seventh trip to the White House.
• Micheal Ray Richardson, Otis Birdsong host basketball camp for tornado victims.
• It’s raining beef jerky! (Is this heaven?)
• Brady Quinn has some competition for the backup spot in Seattle.
• Marco Scutaro might have a bent finger… forever.
• Not good enough for the bigs, this guy cleans up at the poker table.
• Ivy League-educated history major Chris Berman has no idea how Ben Franklin discovered electricity.
• Football is back... if you consider CFL exhibition game football.
• Josh Jarboe is trying to make a fresh start with the Calgary Stampeders.
• Check out this couple’s impressive billiards trick shot video:
• An Australian study found that size does matter in the locker room.
• Rosi Sexton to be first British female ultimate fighter.
• Let us conclude with a little political advice from one Jose Canseco:
Mr. President @barackobama you should invite the syrian guy over for one of those beer meetings and hug things out.— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) June 14, 2013
hey buddy @barackobama time to unleash the hounds and turn that syrian bastard into glass. push the button dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) June 14, 2013
More Stories From Sam Gardner