FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Wednesday, June 26
Tuesday marked Day One of the dog days of summer, now that the NBA and NHL have wrapped up their seasons. But it was hardly short on news.
On a different front, Aaron Hernandez was taken into custody early Wednesday morning more than a week after a Boston semi-pro football player was found dead near his home.
But before that dominates Wednesday’s news cycle, let’s take a look back at what else you may have missed on Tuesday:
• UConn women’s hoops coach Geno Auriemma has fond memories of coaching Aaron Hernandez in AAU.
• Watch this Chicago sports bar react to the Blackhawks’ stunning two-goals-in-17-seconds rally to win the Stanley Cup on Monday:
• In keeping with the times, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin is recruiting unborn children to play for the 'Dores.
• CM Punk has the Stanley Cup:
• This bear who broke into a Tennessee zoo is doing it all wrong.
• Buffalo celebrates Conn Smythe winner Patrick Kane.
• Alex Gordon had a moth fly into his eye during an at-bat against Atlanta:
• Former Rams cheerleader "killed" on a reality show.
• Boston Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference removes his playoff beard with a pink eraser and a sneeze:
• High school softball pitcher raises $25,000 to help strike out hunger.
• The St. Louis Cardinals’ Joe Kelly is a dancing machine:
• Washington D.C. residents back "Redskins" as a team name.
• Buyout of goaltender will cost the Flyers for a long time.
• Pudgy muay thai-fighting kid gets butt kicked by girl, cries, quits:
• Brian Banks and his battle to make the Atlanta Falcons is a fascinating story line.
• The Baltimore Orioles drafted Bryan Harvey's son.
• Roger Federer was asked to stop wearing his orange-soled shoes at Wimbledon:
• Son of former NFL lineman Jon Runyan commits to Michigan for 2015.
• Experience life on the road in NASCAR for track moms.
• Yankees GM Brian Cashman kindly asked Alex Rodriguez to "shut the f--k up" after learning of this tweet:
Visit from Dr. Kelly over the weekend, who gave me the best news - the green light to play games again! http://t.co/RuzfXOJjHI— Alex Rodriguez (@AROD) June 25, 2013
• And on that note, NY Giants PR director Pat Hanlon has some words for Warren Sapp:
Warren Sapp should take Brian Cashman's advice...— pat hanlon (@giantspathanlon) June 26, 2013
• Kevin and DeLana Harvick are on a search.
• Swimmer looks to duplicate feat last achieved by 'Tarzan.'
• The man who writes athletes . . . and collects their return letters.
• Good night, Jose Canseco: