FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Wednesday, June 5
The anticipation is starting to build for the NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs, but with the teams still off until Thursday night — and with just one NHL playoff game on tap, as well — Tuesday could have been a slow day in the sports world.
Au contraire, mon frère. First, there was a bombshell report that MLB could be looking to penalize the players connected to a Biogenesis clinic, but there’s reason to believe founder Tony Bosch's word may not be enough to warrant suspensions.
Meanwhile, on the ice, the Los Angeles Kings bounced back back and avoided falling into a 3-0 hole against the Chicago Blackhawks, while one JetBlue pilot hilariously used a crying baby on his flight as an opening to slam Sidney Crosby.
As for everything else, here are a few other stories you might have missed while we helped you figure out how to stop the Heat:
• Cary Williams isn't making many friends in Philly.
• Iowa State men's hoops coach Fred Hoiberg carded an albatross on a golf course in Cabo.
• University of Houston football coach Tony Levine would like to sax you up:
• Wichita State baseball coach Gene Stephenson was fired Tuesday after 36 years at the program he built.
• The struggles of a college basketball assistant coach: 12 jobs in 16 years.
• The Minnesota Lynx are using Xavier Crawford, a 7-foot former center on the men's team at Cal State Northridge, to prepare for Brittney Griner.
• How not to jump from the roof into a pool:
• Parents probably shouldn't need this kind of reminder at their kids' little league games.
• Redskins fullback former Navy football player Eric Kettani was recently promoted to lieutenant.
• Here's the Alice Cooper golf Q&A you didn't know you wanted.
• Clay Matthews is not a fan of locker-room cameras.
• More than 50,000 tickets have been sold for an MLS game this weekend in Seattle.
• A Cincinnati Enquirer columnist shot hoops with the Big O.
• There were questions, but no answers, as former Grand Valley State QB Cullen Finnerty was laid to rest.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars aren't loving the idea of two home games a year in London.
• What would you dare new North Carolina State football coach Dave Doeren to do?
• Another ridiculous trampoline trick shot from the guys who brought you the last ridiculous trampoline trick shot:
• The New York Mets would rather that what happens in Vegas would instead happen somewhere — anywhere — else.
• In SEC country, this Bama-Texas A&M cake should be illegal.
• You may recognize several names — including Biggio, Ramirez, Clemens and Pettitte — that turn up in this year's MLB Draft.
More Stories From Sam Gardner