BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
APR 19, 2014 11:36a ET
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
- INDIANAPOLIS - The top-seeded Pacers try to get a fresh start Saturday when they open the playoffs against Atlanta. Indiana won its last two games after struggling through the second half of the season.
- LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers open the playoffs against Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors in a match-up of bitter rivals.
- OKLAHOMA CITY - Scoring champion Kevin Durant leads No. 2 seed Oklahoma City into its playoff opener against No. 7 seed Memphis, which closed the regular season on a five-game win streak
- TORONTO - Despite winning the Atlantic Division with a franchise-record 48 wins, the Raptors are still considered the weakest of the top four playoff teams in the Eastern Conference. They'll try to disprove that starting Saturday against the Brooklyn Nets. UPCOMING: 750 words. Game starts 12:30 p.m.
- HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. - It could be a long day at the rain-delayed RBC Heritage. K.J. Choi has a one-shot lead, but 65 golfers have to finish the second round Saturday before the field is cut for the final two rounds
- MIAMI - Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton is precocious and prolific with a penchant for the prodigious. Even so, the big leagues' RBI leader has never had a month like this.
- WALNUT, Calif. - Allyson Felix, Brittney Reese and several other Olympians compete outdoors in the Mount SAC Relays.