FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Friday, June 28
As details of the Aaron Hernandez case continue to roll in, the questions surrounding the former New England Patriots tight end’s involvement in the killing of Odin Lloyd continue to mount. (And, boy, are there some doozies.)
But the big news from Thursday night was the NBA Draft, a stunning night in Brooklyn that sent longtime commissioner David Stern off in style.
You can read pick-by-pick analysis of the night’s selections here and check out the best and worst of NBA Draft style here. Once you’re done with that, check out some of the other news you may have missed from Thursday:
• A friend of Nerlens Noel got too much exposure while sunbathing on a New York rooftop.
• Lucas Nogueira’s hair was too big for his hat at the NBA Draft:
THIS JUST HAPPENED: pic.twitter.com/sa78moiZ8G— Luke Zimmermann (@lukezim) June 28, 2013
• Mark Messier takes his puck and his skates and leaves the New York Rangers.
• Mario Williams posted an Instagram photo about Aaron Hernandez:
• And Chris Kluwe discusses his swearing prowess (kind of NSFW) and makes an Aaron Hernandez joke on Conan (around the 3:25 mark):
• It was a big night for Canada at the draft, as well.
• The 76ers made one second-round pick the first Iranian player ever selected.
• Gatorade glued its bottles to the table at the NBA Draft:
NBA Draft Green Room invitees told NOT to drink the Gatorade. It's glued to the table. That will soon be done at NCAA Tourney pressers.— Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) June 27, 2013
• Brian Billick reflects on his 2000 experience following Ray Lewis' arrest.
• Deion Sanders on the Celtics-Nets trade:
I seen that the Celtics traded away everything including Bill Russell's court side seat to the New Jersey Nets. Wow— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) June 28, 2013
I just heard @TimTebow is starting at guard in Boston. They didn't confim if it was for the Celtics or Pats. I love Teee-eee-bow-ooo-oooo— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) June 28, 2013
• Dana White is eyeing a UFC show in Bangor, Maine.
• Former Reds player Chris Sabo lost his golf match at the 104th Tony Blom Metropolitan Amateur Championship.
• This 8-year-old girl is a dribbling superstar:
• Honest and scary words from NASCAR rookie AJ Allmendinger.
• Doc Rivers and Bill Simmons clash during the NBA Draft:
• Kyle Petty rips Danica Patrick: "She's not a race car driver."
• NCAA reprimands Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson for his two-finger salute at the NCAA tournament.
• Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray surprises a 96-year-old Dawgs fan.
• Robert Gill of the Arizona Cardinals runs very fast on a treadmill:
• Football is back as Montreal downs Winnipeg in CFL season opener.
More Stories From Sam Gardner