Melo reveals he had offseason surgery
The New York Post reported a day before the lockout began on July 1 that Anthony had been rehabbing a sore elbow, prohibiting him from lifting weights and general on-court work.
But Anthony revealed that he actually had elbow and knee surgery in May after the Knicks' playoffs exit late April.
The small forward was back in action last month in his native Baltimore and turned out again for charity in Philadelphia on Sunday, playing all 48 minutes at The Palestra.
"My body is feeling good," Anthony said. "I'm down in weight. I would be coming back -- if we had a training camp -- weighing less than last year. So I'm feeling good -- mentally, physically, I'm good."
Anthony said he was determined to keep playing despite the ongoing work stoppage pushing back the start of camps until Oct. 4 and canceling 43 preseason games.
"As players we've got to stick together and in the meantime keep doing stuff like this," Anthony said. "Keep having games like this. Keep playing basketball and give the fans what they want."
Read more . . .