FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Thursday, June 6
Game 1 of the NBA Finals is finally here, and we couldn’t be more excited. But to get here, we had to endure yet another busy day in sports.
On the ice, the Bruins put the Penguins in a 3-0 hole with their 2-OT win in Boston, and on the diamond, the White Sox and Mariners played 13 scoreless innings in a game that ended with a final score of 7-5 — one of the weirdest games you'll ever see, for sure.
And off the field, things were interesting, too. A rapper has been implicated in the stabbing of a Pittsburgh Steeler, Karl Malone snubbed Michael Jordan from his all-time starting five before later backtracking and an Indians pitcher is being investigated by drug agents over a possible narcotics delivery to his home.
As for the rest of the news, here’s some of what you may have missed:
• It may sound like "Herschel," but Mark Richt isn't loving the 'Gurshall' nickname that's been given to Georgia running backs Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall.
• Dr. J called Andrew Bynum "damaged goods."
• Shane Battier on his Game 7 benching: "Every now and then you've got to eat a turd sandwich." Right.
• Real or fake? Popular radio host has urine spilled on him during an on-air gag:
• Even in Rome, there's a bar where you can root on the Penguins — not that there's been a whole lot to cheer for against the Bruins.
• Read President Obama's full remarks to the Ravens, who visited the White House yesterday.
• Man orders Tom Brady Fathead, gets Tim Tebow Fathead instead. Clearly, this is a sign.
• Penn State may be considering hosting an outdoor hockey game at Beaver Stadium.
• Pro Football Hall of Famer Lem Barney blames head injuries for Deacon Jones' death.
• An elderly Phillies fan who really, really doesn’t want her lips to get sunburned:
• Adonis Stevenson's name is only slightly misspelled on his own jacket. Good effort.
• Is one gum-tossing umpire disrespecting the game of baseball?
• The cats were out in full force at one minor league team's Purr in the Park night.
• When it came to Biogenesis, A-Rod was going to pay one way or another.
• Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops agrees with Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy and his decision to limit the transfer options of quarterback Wes Lunt.
• Domonic Brown is finally who the Phillies thought he was.
• This guy does some great impersonations of some of the top stars in tennis:
More Stories From Sam Gardner