FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Friday, June 7
Justin Gatlin beat Usain Bolt in the 100 meter dash in Rome, George Karl got the boot in Denver after guiding the Nuggets to a franchise record in wins and earning Coach of the Year honors, and Justin Bieber still had us talking (but fortunately, he's going to space).
As for everything else, here’s some of what you may have missed.
• Mike Miller got his face stepped on:
• One of the top picks in this year's MLB draft has a head start in using wooden bats.
• You may recognize this former child actor who is now a four-star defensive back recruit.
• The Angels forced a fan to remove a paper bag from his head as a "security measure."
• Might we some day see Senator Al Leiter?
• An IndyCar driver was fined after giving a fellow racer this two-finger salute during a race:
• Go read this outstanding longform profile of Montaous Walton, who faked being an MLB prospect and fooled just about everyone — including the media and an agent — for years.
• While you're at it, go check out Wright Thompson's piece on racism in soccer in Italy and around the world, too.
• Contrary to popular belief, Bill Belichick does not hate Tim Tebow — or so he says.
• What ever happened to the “walk the dog” and the “sleeper”...?
• Is it time to abolish the MLB Draft?
• Mets PR maven Jay Horowitz has done everything humanly possible to prepare stud prospect Zack Wheeler for life in New York — and in the Bigs.
• Yasiel Puig's star just keeps on getting brighter.
• I’m almost 100 percent sure this is just an ad meant to go viral, but it’s worth watching regardless:
• Roger Staubach would like to see more no-huddle offense with Tony Romo.
• Josh Brent reportedly tested positive for marijuana as he awaits trial over a drunk driving crash that killed a Cowboys teammate.
• A NASCAR truck star lends a much-needed hand in tornado-devastated Moore, Okla.
• 6-foot-1 over two 6-foot-8 guys... this is how you win a dunk contest:
• Come get your commemorative bricks for the College Football Hall of Fame.
• Run the Boston marathon on a treadmill?
• From the vault, here's drunk Vince Coleman celebrating after the Cardinals clinched their division in 1987:
• Freedom Child is the horse creating all the buzz at Belmont this week.
• One CFL rookie plays on after a near-death experience in high school.
• Repeat concussions led an NHL player to retire from the game.
• This Staten Island family will bowl you over.
• There will be special security measures in place at next week's U.S. Open.
• For the squash fans out there, here’s a player fooling his opponent with not one, but two fakes:
More Stories From Sam Gardner