FOX Sports Exclusive
Virtual Pit Reporter: News on top 25 teams
Share This Story
1) Jimmie Johnson | 2) Matt Kenseth 3) Jeff Burton | 4) Kyle Busch
5) Kevin Harvick | 6) Mark Martin | 7) Kasey Kahne | 8) Denny Hamlin
9) Jeff Gordon | 10) Tony Stewart | 11) Dale Earnhardt Jr. | 12) Greg Biffle
13) Kurt Busch | 14) Carl Edwards | 15) Casey Mears | 16) Brian Vickers
17) Jamie McMurray | 18) Ryan Newman | 19) Clint Bowyer | 20) Elliott Sadler
21) Martin Truex Jr. |22) Scott Riggs | 23) Reed Sorenson
24) Bobby Labonte | 25) Dale Jarrett
20) Elliott Sadler, No. 38 Ford, Robert Yates Racing
This week: Sadler is the defending polesitter of the Allstate 400 but has only one top-10 finish (a third in 2004) in seven starts at Indy. He has led 71 laps in the last two Cup races at the 2.5-mile facility.
Last race: After Sadler stumbled to 32nd at Pocono, crew chief Tommy Baldwin was released from his contract so he could return to Bill Davis Racing as director of competition. Cully Barraclough will serve as interim crew chief on the 38 team. Barraclough has previously served as a crew chief in the Busch Series for Matt Kenseth and Denny Hamlin.
Etc.: Despite all the turmoil, Doug Yates said he is "really encouraged about what the future holds" for the team. "We had a lot of responsibility as team owners because we provide for a lot of families and they provide for us. When you can look them in the eye and say, 'Good things are happening,' and really believe that, then that's a great feeling. It's hard to walk around and hide what you really feel."
Go back to the top