FOX Sports Exclusive
Virtual Pit Reporter: News on top 25 teams
Share This Story
1) Jimmie Johnson | 2) Matt Kenseth | 3) Kevin Harvick | 4) Kyle Busch
5) Jeff Gordon | 6) Denny Hamlin | 7) Jeff Burton | 8) Tony Stewart
9) Dale Earnhardt Jr. | 10) Mark Martin | 11) Kasey Kahne | 12) Greg Biffle
13) Carl Edwards | 14) Kurt Busch | 15) Ryan Newman | 16) Casey Mears
17) Brian Vickers | 18) Jamie McMurray | 19) Scott Riggs | 20) Clint Bowyer
21) Elliott Sadler | 22) Reed Sorenson | 23) Martin Truex Jr.
24) Robby Gordon | 25) Bobby Labonte
21) Elliott Sadler, No. 19 Dodge, Evernham Motorsports
This week: Sadler won the fall race at California in 2004, and his other top-10 finish at the two-mile track came in the spring of 2005. He will be making his third start since joining Evernham Motorsports. "I feel good about the way we are running," said Sadler. "We had a great run at Michigan, and the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger was awesome at Bristol. We didn't get the finish we wanted at Bristol, but we had a top-five car. It's cool to be that fast two weeks in a row."
Last week: Sadler was involved in two accidents at Bristol that resulted in a 39th-place finish. But that wasn't the only issue. "It's frustrating to get caught speeding on pit road when I got passed," said Sadler. "Then I got caught up with the lapped cars. It's very frustrating. My guys gave me an awesome race car. I just don't understand getting caught speeding on pit road while getting passed."
Etc.: Sadler said he "still has a lot to learn about the Dodge Charger. It does not react to the same adjustments I've been used to the last seven or eight years (while driving a Ford). I've got to learn that as a driver and kind of feel my way through that."
Go back to the top