FOX Sports Exclusive
Virtual Pit Reporter: News on top 25 Cup teams
Share This Story
1) Jimmie Johnson | 2) Casey Mears | 3) Matt Kenseth | 4) Kasey Kahne
5) Dale Earnhardt Jr. | 6) Mark Martin | 7) Ryan Newman | 8) Clint Bowyer
9) Brian Vickers | 10) Elliott Sadler | 11) Dale Jarrett | 12) Kyle Busch
13) Martin Truex Jr. | 14) Jeff Burton | 15) Jeff Gordon | 16) Ken Schrader
17) Robby Gordon | 18) Jamie McMurray | 19) Kevin Harvick
20) Denny Hamlin | 21) Carl Edwards | 22) Tony Stewart | 23) J.J. Yeley
24) Reed Sorenson | 25) Kurt Busch
10) Elliott Sadler, No. 38 Ford, Robert Yates Racing
This week: Sadler has ranked 14th or better in the points since the 2004 Daytona 500, 74 straight races. He has competed in seven races at Las Vegas, scoring just one top-10 finish, a sixth in 2004. He finished 29th in this race one year ago. His other Las Vegas finishes have all been 20th or worse, and his average finish is 28.4.
Last week: Sadler finished 23rd at California and dropped from fourth to 10th in the points.
Etc.: The Ford Fusion registered its first Nextel Cup victory on Sunday in only its second series start. ... Fusion is the seventh different Ford model in NASCAR history to win a Cup event, joining Taurus, Thunderbird, Torino, Galaxie, Fairlane and the original Ford. ... The last time Ford Racing swept a NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Nextel Cup Series weekend was when Roush Racing teammates Greg Biffle and Jeff Burton combined to win all three events at Phoenix in 2001. Biffle captured the Truck and Busch events, and Burton won the Cup feature. Go back to the top
BEST OF THE REST