FOX Sports Exclusive
Roush 'Round the Track: Greg Biffle on Daytona
On Thursdays during the season, Roush Racing's five Nextel Cup drivers will tell you what's unique about each week's track and what it takes to win. For more information on any of the Roush Racing drivers or teams or to join any of the Roush driver fan clubs, log onto RoushRacing.com.
What make Daytona unique?
- Because it is a restrictor plate race, the handling of the car is crucial. Even though Talladega is also a restrictor plate race, the handling is so much more important at Daytona.
- I would also have to say that the historical aspect of racing at Daytona makes it unique. I mean this is where it all started, and I think that's also what makes winning the Daytona 500 so prestigious.
- Daytona is also the only race that takes two weeks. With the way we qualify for the Daytona 500, we are in Daytona for almost two weeks, and that is certainly unique for the season.
What does it take to win the Daytona 500?
- It takes a great racecar that handles well.
- It takes the best strategy.
- And probably most important of all, it takes luck and being in the right place at the right time.