Race Day Blog: Sights and Sounds From Richmond
11:55p ET — Time to close up shop here at Richmond. Congratulations once again to Kevin Harvick and the entire No. 29 crew. We’ll see you in ‘Dega!
11:30p ET — No punches were thrown, but we definitely found bruised and battered race cars. Check out these images from the garage:
11:15p ET — Who’s ready for a Budweiser shower in Victory Lane?
11:05p ET — Kevin Harvick storms to the lead and wins the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond International Raceway! Clint Bowyer finishes second, Joey Logano third followed by Juan Pablo Montoya and Jeff Burton.
10:55p ET — CAUTION! Montoya was leading with six to go before Brian Vickers slammed the wall. Green-white-checkered restart coming up.
10:45p ET — Did we mention that Juan Pablo Montoya is leading this race with just 25 laps to go? Watch the closing laps Live on FOX!
Kyle Busch may have escaped NASCAR’s iron fist, but his night quickly turns sour after the wreck damages his No. 18 Toyota.
10:10p ET — Drama under caution. Kyle Busch busted for a commitment line violation, but the 18 team insists NASCAR is wrong.
After a lengthy dispute, NASCAR has rescinded the penalty. Busch will restart 6th.
Regan Smith weighs in on the controversy.
I feel like that was the right decision based on the shot they showed and how we are told the rule in the drivers meeting. Good fix NASCAR— Regan Smith (@ReganSmith) April 28, 2013
9:50p ET — Danica Patrick’s miserable night continues in Richmond:
Poor performance for Danica Patrick tonight. She just went four laps down and is in 34th place.— Jeff Gluck (@jeff_gluck) April 28, 2013
9:30p ET — Sun has set here in Richmond as Toyota continues to dominate. Who will benefit from the cooler temperatures?
9:00p ET — Groundskeeper Carl Spackler from Caddyshack was in the house trying to hose down Digger!
8:55p ET — Trouble for the defending champ! Brad Keselowski slams the outside wall after cutting down a right front tire.
7:46p ET — Green flag! Who is your pick to win tonight’s Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond International Raceway?
7:38p ET — Engines are fired! Catch the race Live on FOX and follow along with timing & scoring on FOXSports.com.
7:30p ET — Pledge of Allegiance: ✓ National Anthem: ✓ T-28B Trojans Flyover: ✓
7:25p ET — Talk about a powerful trio meeting on pit lane. Jimmie Johnson has struggled recently at Richmond, but can he turn it around today?
7:00p ET — What makes short track racing at Richmond such a spectacle? We’ll let this video of the top five moments do the storytelling:
6:40p ET — Chris Myers and the Waltrip brothers are running through last minute preparations for the pre-race show. We’ll see you on FOX in 20 minutes!
5:48p ET — Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware is on hand supporting his good friend Juan Pablo Montoya and advocating prostate cancer awareness.
5:30p ET — Let’s take a quick peek at who’s hot and who’s not heading into tonight’s race. Be sure to make any final adjustments to your FOXSports.com Fantasy Lineup before the green flag.
• Kyle Busch – Average finish at Richmond is 5.4; Won the last four Spring races at Richmond. Finished top 6 in seven of the last eight races at Richmond.
• Clint Bowyer – Top 10 finishes in four of the last five races at Richmond including a win last
• Kevin Harvick – Top 10 finishes in 13 of his last 16 Richmond races including two wins.
• Carl Edwards – Top 10 finishes in five of his last six Richmond starts.
• Jeff Gordon – Top 10 finishes in nine of his last 12 Richmond races, two Richmond wins, but last in 2000.
• Kasey Kahne – Scored his first career win at Richmond but only two top 10 finishes in the last nine races.
• Joey Logano – Only one top 10 finish in eight career Richmond starts.
• Martin Truex Jr. – Only two top 10s in his 14 Richmond starts, no finish better than 21st in the last five.
• Greg Biffle – Only one top 10 finish in the last 12 races at Richmond. 18 career wins, none on a short track.
• Matt Kenseth – Only one top 10 in the last 11 races at Richmond. Will the switch to Joe Gibbs Racing help him?
5:00p ET — Good evening from Richmond International Raceway! Who’s ready for a short track showdown under the Virginia lights?