Live Blog: Sights and Sounds From Sonoma Raceway
Editor's Note: Scroll down for updates.
1:45p ET -- Welcome to Shake and Bake's Live blog from Sonoma Raceway. Weather is absolutely beautiful here in the Golden State, but there is talks of possible rain. However, we'll just ignore that possibility of rain and enjoy some road course racing!
1:55p ET -- Drivers currently checking pre-race meetings, appearances and interviews off of their list before we go racing.
2:15p ET -- Here's who is looking stout heading into today's road course race, and who you should avoid while choosing drivers for your Fantasy Lineup.
• Marcos Ambrose – top 10 finishes in nine of his 10 road course starts, with a worst finish of eighth at Sonoma.
• Kurt Busch – finishes of first and third in the last two races at Sonoma; top three finishes in three of his last five road course starts.
• Tony Stewart – two time Sonoma winner, top 10 finishes in five of the last six races at Sonoma. Seven road course wins, second most all-time.
• Clint Bowyer – top 10 finishes including a win in five of the last six races at Sonoma. Also led final practice on Friday.
• Jimmie Johnson – worst finish in the last four races at Sonoma is seventh, top five in three of the last four including a win. Top 10 finishes in seven of the last nine road course races.
• Jeff Burton – last top 10 finish at Sonoma was 2007, six races ago.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. – no top 10s in 13 Sonoma races, best of 11th (three times).
• Denny Hamlin – finishes of 34th or worse in the last six road course races.
• Matt Kenseth – only one top 10 (8th in 2008) in 13 Sonoma races. Average finish of 21st at Sonoma, worst of all tracks.
• Martin Truex Jr. – only one top 10 finish in seven Sonoma starts, eighth in 2011.
Statistics provided by Racing Recall
2:45p ET -- The new qualifying format for Sprint Cup Series road course races made its debut this weekend, and it appears Jamie McMurray is a fan of the new procedures.
Check out the complete starting grid HERE.
3:03p ET -- Well, the National Anthem is complete... and it was a bit rough. Just ask the folks over on Twitter.
It even stopped baby Keelan from playing.
3:20p ET -- The race hasn't even went green yet and we've already had plenty of drama. Four different drivers with damage and/or mechanical failures.
Jacques Villeneuve has to make a pit stop to fix his shifter. So that's gonna be a problem since the race hasn't even started yet.— Jeff Gluck (@jeff_gluck) June 23, 2013
3:30p ET -- Green flag! Click over to FOXSports.com's RaceTrax for Live updates throughout the race.
Join us immediately following the race for photos and post-race celebration.
6:30p ET -- Martin Truex Jr. has won at Sonoma Raceway, breaking a 218 race winless streak.
6:45p ET -- It's time to sip the wine in victory lane. Congratulations to Truex Jr. and the entire Michael Waltrip Racing squad.