Live Blog: Sights and Sounds From Michigan Speedway
Editor's Note: Scroll down for updates
10:30a ET -- Good morning and welcome to Michigan International Speedway!
10:45a ET -- Today, we race on in honor of Jason Leffler, who lost his life Wednesday in a sprint car crash. Leffler was respected not only for the way he raced on track, but also how he handled himself off the track. Leffler was a great teammate, an even better friend and a doting father to his 5-year old son, Charlie Dean.
Here's a look at some of the tributes you'll see on track today, including Denny Hamlin's No. 11 Toyota which is running the same paint scheme that was used when Leffler drove the car in 2005.
11:00a ET -- Don't forget to update your FOXSports.com Fantasy Picks before today's Quicken Loans 400. Here's a quick look at who's hot and who's not.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. – finished top five in both Michigan races last year, including winning this race last year. His last two career wins have come at Michigan.
• Greg Biffle – finished top five in both Michigan races in 2012 including winning the August race. Finished top five in nearly half of his Michigan starts (9 of 20) including three wins. Nine top fives are the most he has at any track.
• Jeff Gordon – top six finishes in five of the last eight races at Michigan.
• Brad Keselowski – finished top three in two of the last three races at Michigan, average finish of sixth in last three.
• Matt Kenseth – top 10 finishes in four of the last five Michigan races; has two wins at Michigan.
• Jimmie Johnson – five finishes of 27th or worse at Michigan. Only four top fives in 22 starts. One of five tracks that he has not won on.
• Kurt Busch – finishes of 30th or worse in six of the last nine races at Michigan.
• Jeff Burton – only one top 10 finish in the last 20 Michigan races, eighth June 2010.
• Martin Truex Jr. – only two top 10s in the last 10 races at Michigan.
• Jamie McMurray – no top 10s in the last eight races at Michigan.
Statistics provided by Racing Recall
11:25a ET -- Here's a better look at Denny Hamlin's tribute paint scheme.
11:50a ET -- We would like to wish all the fathers out there a very Happy Father's Day.
12:10p ET -- Carl Edwards will lead the field to green in today's Quicken Loans 400 after capturing pole position with a lap just over 202 mph.
Check out the starting lineup HERE.
12:30p ET -- Do you remember when Mark Martin spun off of turn 4 and slammed the exposed pit road wall last August?
It looks like the folks at Michigan International Speedway have fixed the wall to make it safer.
12:50p ET -- Pre-race ceremonies are underway. Can these kids get any cuter?
1:00p ET -- Green is flag is less than 20 minutes away. Who is your pick to win today's Quicken Loans 400?
1:05p ET -- No explanation needed.
1:10p ET -- Engines are fired and cars are rolling off pit road. Today's race is scheduled for 200 laps (400 miles). For today's race updates, click over to FOXSports.com's RaceTrax!
Join us here on the blog after the race for more sights and sounds from Michigan.
4:15p ET -- Greg Biffle wins the Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway! It's Biffle's fourth career win at the 2-mile track and 1000th national series win for Ford.
4:30p ET -- It's time for victory lane celebrations for the Biffle family and his No. 16 crew!