Enjoy the sights and sounds from the inaugural NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Mud Summer Classic at Eldora Speedway.
By Shake and Bake Crew
6:30p ET -- Good evening from Eldora Speedway! We are just 30 minutes away from kicking off heat races for the inaugural NASCAR Camping World Truck Series MudSummer Classic. Coverage begins Live on SPEED at 7p ET.
Michael L. Levitt
6:50p ET -- In case you were wondering, THIS is what we have to look forward to tonight. #slideways
6:55p ET -- Here's a quick rundown on how things will work tonight:
• There will be five qualifying races of eight laps each, with only green flag laps counting. The top five trucks in single-truck qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying races. Five trucks will transfer from each qualifying race.
• At the completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will have earned spots into the feature.
• There will then be a Last Chance Race. This will be 15 laps, with only green-flag laps counting. The top-four finishers will transfer to the feature and start in positions 26-29.
• Starting position No. 30 will go to the most recent past series champion who has not already qualified. If the 30th starting position is not filled by an eligible champion, it will be assigned to the next highest finishing truck in the last chance race.
• The main event will be 150 laps divided into three segments. The segments will be 60, 50 and 40 laps. There will be pit stops between each segment, with teams having the opportunity to change tires and work on their trucks.
7:05p ET -- We are Live on SPEED! The first of five heat races is coming up in just minutes. Ken Schrader captured pole in single-truck qualifying and will lead the field to green in this first heat race. He will be joined by JR Heffner, Joey Coulter, Jimmy Weller III, Tracy Hines, Dave Blaney & Scott Bloomquist.