Formula E: Buemi tops final test as China Racing confirms driver lineup
AUG 21, 2014 12:05p ET
Former F1 driver Sebastien Buemi has established himself as a threat early on in the FIA Formula E series after putting his name at or near the top of the Donington Park scoring pylons after all five Formula E tests this summer.
The Swiss e.dams-Renault driver lapped the circuit in 1:31.792 during the series' final day of testing on Tuesday, his teammate Nicolas Prost just three-tenths of a second behind him in second.
The top 10 of the 20 cars during Tuesday's test were all covered by less than a second.
"We're really happy with today, especially being the last test before Beijing," Buemi told FIAFormulaE.com. "We still have a few issues with the car which we need to work on and also to better understand the limits of the car.
"Overall we're feeling good for the first race but we'll have to wait and see, a lot of teams are also looking quick."
Chinese racer Ho-Pin Tung stepped into an FIA Formula E car for China Racing for the first time on Tuesday, shortly thereafter to be confirmed as one of the team's drivers for the inaugural FIA Formula E series, along with Brazilian Nelson Piquet Jr.
Tung was the first ever driver to test a Formula One car whereas Piquet, son of a three-time Formula One world champion, currently leads the Red Bull Global Rallycross championship.
Nineteen of the 20 drivers for the 2014-2015 season have now been confirmed:
- Katherine Legge
- Antonio Felix da Costa
Andretti Formula E:
- Franck Montagny
Audi Sport ABT:
- Lucas di Grassi
- Daniel Abt
- Nelson Piquet, Jr.
- Ho-Pin Tung
- Mike Conway
- Jerome d'Ambrosio
- Nicolas Prost
- Sebastien Buemi
- Karun Chandhok
- Bruno Senna
- Jarno Trulli
- Michela Cerruti
- Nick Heidfeld
- Stephane Sarrazin
- Jaime Alguersuari
- Sam Bird
FOX Sports 1 will have exclusive LIVE coverage for all 10 races of the 2014-2015 FIA Formula E season. Click HERE to learn more about Formula E.
Full Tuesday test results:
1. Sebastien Buemi (e.dams-Renault): 1:31.792s
2. Nicolas Prost (e.dams-Renault): 1:32.117s
3. Franck Montagny (Andretti Autosport): 1:32.143s
4. Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing): 1:32.249s
5. Sam Bird (Virgin Racing): 1:32.292s
6. Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport ABT): 1:32.293s
7. Karun Chandhok (Mahindra Racing): 1:32.369s
8. Jerome d’Ambrosio (Dragon Racing): 1:32.646s
9. Stephane Sarrazin (Venturi): 1:32.663s
10. Nick Heidfeld (Venturi): 1:32.775s
11. Nelson Piquet (China Racing): 1:32.808s
12. Jaime Alguersuari (Virgin Racing): 1:32.821s
13. Charles Pic (Andretti Autosport): 1:32.841s
14. Daniel Abt (Audi Sport ABT): 1:32.867s
15. Jarno Trulli (Trulli): 1:32.892s
16. Oriol Servia (Dragon Racing): 1:33.411s
17. Antonio Garcia (China Racing): 1:33.469s
18. Takuma Sato (Amlin Aguri): 1:35.425s
19. Michela Cerruti (Trulli): 1:35.444s
20. Katherine Legge (Amlin Aguri): 1:38.112s