Formula E: Buemi quickest again in day three of testing
JUL 09, 2014 3:15p ET
The Swiss driver had topped the timing sheets during the opening day of testing last Thursday in his e.dams-Renault, yet admits that the times at this stage don't tell the full story.
"Today has been good and very productive but it's not about trying to set the fastest time," Buemi told FIAFormulaE.com, "it's about getting a better understanding of the car and the different mapping settings. The car has been reliable all day and the team have done a good job. It's great to be in a car that you can rely on and know you can push when you need to. We still have a few issues to work on but overall it was a productive session."
Again the top five positions were held by five different team drivers, despite each of the 10 teams running with two cars in the test.
Jerome d'Ambrosio's China Racing car had the second fastest time of the day with Lucas di Grassi, Stephane Sarrazin and Jaime Alguersuari rounding out the top five, driving for Audi Sport ABT, Venturi and Virgin Racing respectively.
FOX Sports 1 will have exclusive LIVE coverage of all 10 FIA Formula E events beginning in Beijing on September 13.
FIA Formula E Championship Day 3 Testing Results (Combined Times):
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:31.910s
2. Jerome d'Ambrosio, China Racing, 1:32.035s
3. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.260s
4. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1:32.462s
5. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:32.495s
6. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:32.671s
7. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.809s
8. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:32.858s
9. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.875s
10. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:33.165s
11. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, 1:33.844s
12. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:34.249s
13. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:34.538s
14. Scott Speed, Andretti Autosport, 1:34.871s
15. Mike Conway, Dragon Racing, 1:35.643s
16. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, 1:35.936s
17. Fabio Leimer, Amlin Aguri, 1:36.184s
18. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, 1:39.568s