F1 report: Sacked staff set to sue Caterham
JUL 28, 2014 2:41p ET
Caterham is facing legal action after sacking 40 members of staff earlier this month.
As team founder Tony Fernandes departed and Swiss-based Middle Eastern investors led by Colin Kolles moved in, Caterham announced that the departures were "a necessary step" for the "future of the team."
But a lawyer representing the workers told the BBC that the sackings were "done without warning or consultation."
The report said they are claiming breaches of employment laws and contracts, with solicitor Christopher Felton claiming it will "result in significant compensation claims against the team."