All-Star security fells infamous fan
2013 ALL-STAR GAME VIDEO
- Rosenthal & Morosi: Mo's big night
- ASG on FOX: Rivera wins MVP
- ASG on FOX: Rivera on final ASG
- ASG on FOX: Hunter helps out Rivera
- Emotional Leyland on Rivera
- Bochy talks loss, Rivera's final ASG
- Harvey on ASG start, Cano injury
- Robinson Cano leaves game early
- Erin Andrews talks to David Wright
- Tom Seaver tosses out first pitch
- Kevin James shows off baseball 'talent'
Mariano Rivera was the MVP of Tuesday night's MLB All-Star Game on FOX, but New York's biggest star was the security that stopped a fan who ran on the field.
The most exciting moment of the night happened during a commercial break, when one ambitious fan wearing a Robinson Cano shirt ran onto the Citi Field diamond, only to be leveled by a stadium security guard.
The fan apparently announced prior to first pitch that he would hop the fence and sprint onto the field if he received 1,000 retweets. The young man quickly surpassed that goal, and less than two hours after his original tweet he was on the field — much to the chagrin of his mother.
Since television cameras were unable to capture it, take a look at the scene through the photos, video and tweets below.
if i actually get on the field pray for me cause my moms gonna kill me— dyl (@MasoneDylan) July 17, 2013
blame it on social media, love you all— dyl (@MasoneDylan) July 17, 2013
snuck up, just gathering the balls pic.twitter.com/Zk4ozfNAWW— dyl (@MasoneDylan) July 17, 2013
ma stop yelling at me... pic.twitter.com/a2ly1HFxs7— dyl (@MasoneDylan) July 17, 2013
The result wasn't pretty.
Hard to say who had a worse night: the Cano fan or Cano himself, who left the game after being drilled in the leg by a Matt Harvey pitch in the first inning.