Fantasy baseball: Possible replacements for Nats' Harper
APR 30, 2014 12:28a ET
Washington Nationals OF Bryce Harper had surgery on his thumb Tuesday and will be out until July. If your fantasy squad includes Harper, we're ready to help you in your time of need. Based on FOXSports.com ownership percentages, here are some possible replacements that should cover your bases in most fornats:
• Chicago White Sox outfielder Alejandro De Aza (36.9 percent owned) hit 17 home runs with 84 runs scored and 20 stolen bases last season, and appears ready for a repeat campaign.
• Ben Revere (33.1 percent owned) won't provide any of Harper's power, but the Philadelphia center fielder is tearing it up on the bases with nine steals. So is New York Mets speedster Eric Young (10.2 percent owned), who has 12 stolen bases already.
• Miami's Garrett Jones (2.4 percent owned) has four home runs, and will probably hit 20-25 for the season.
• Harper's real-life replacement, Nate McLouth (0.8 percent owned), had 12 homers and 30 steals for the Nats last season, and could be available in NL-only leagues.
• Arizona's Tony Campana (0.1 percent owned) doesn't play a lot, but has four steals so far in a reserve role.