FOX Sports Exclusive
Jerry Seinfeld scolds All-Star crowd
It's difficult for Jerry Seinfeld to seem ticked off. Even in his sitcom, angry Jerry always had that smirk on his face.
2013 ALL-STAR GAME VIDEO
- Rosenthal & Morosi: Mo's big night
- ASG on FOX: Rivera wins MVP
- ASG on FOX: Rivera on final ASG
- ASG on FOX: Hunter helps out Rivera
- Emotional Leyland on Rivera
- Bochy talks loss, Rivera's final ASG
- Harvey on ASG start, Cano injury
- Robinson Cano leaves game early
- Erin Andrews talks to David Wright
- Tom Seaver tosses out first pitch
- Kevin James shows off baseball 'talent'
For proof, I dare you to read these quotes from CBS 2 New York about his experience at the MLB All-Star Game without reading them in the "exasperated Jerry voice" he'd always use with Kramer.
“This is one of the lowest moments of my lifetime of Mets fandom, when the Citi Field crowd was booing (players) that they see as rivals to their Mets team,” Seinfeld told WFAN radio’s Steve Somers on Wednesday night.
“And I’m standing there, I was in shock. I was embarrassed. I thought it was horrible manners.… These are the best players, in the game you love, that have come here to put on a show for you, and we’re booing them like 5-year-olds. As if there’s some sort of real animosity.
“The American League is not the Taliban. What are we booing Miguel Cabrera (for)? … So I was very embarrassed by that.”
So Jerry's not feeling so great. I know what will help, though, Jerry: Get in one of your awesome cars, pick up one of your comedian friends and get some coffee.
More Stories From Tully Corcoran