Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro says he has fully cooperated with police investigating an allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman last fall.
Castro released a statement through the Cubs on Friday. He says he cannot comment on the details, but confirmed he has cooperated with police.
The 21-year-old Castro has not been charged with a crime, and police have declined comment. His attorneys have said the allegations are baseless.
Castro was chosen to the All-Star team last year in his first full major league season when he batted .307 and led the National League with 207 hits. The Cubs are expected to build their team around the young star who made his major league debut in May 2010.