Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
– ERIN, Wis. – Brian Harman had a one-shot lead in a U.S. Open that could finally live up to its reputation with the strongest wind of the week at Erin Hills.
– HAMILTON, Bermuda – Helmsman Peter Burling and Emirates Team New Zealand take a 1-0 lead into Races 3 and 4 of the America’s Cup against skipper Jimmy Spithill and two-time defending champion Oracle Team USA. Racing starts 1 p.m.
– MINNEAPOLIS – The Cleveland Indians try to complete a four-game sweep of the Minnesota Twins and keep their newfound lead in the AL Central, with Trevor Bauer taking the mound for the Indians and Kyle Gibson starting for the Twins.
– NEW YORK – Bryce Harper and the NL East-leading Washington Nationals go for a four-game sweep at Citi Field, where they’re already 6-0 this season against the New York Mets.
– GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Lexi Thompson takes a one-stroke lead into the final round of the Meijer LPGA Classic.
– BROOKLYN, Mich. – Kyle Larson is on the pole for Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway.
– OMAHA, Neb. – Two College World Series games: Texas A&M vs. Louisville (2 p.m.); TCU vs. Florida (7 p.m.)