BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
MAR 21, 2014 12:02p ET
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Friday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
- The second half of the bracket is in action in the NCAA tournament, with 16 games. Among them: Unbeaten Wichita State faces Cal Poly, a 16-seed with a losing record, while Stephen F. Austin puts its 28-game winning streak on the line against Virginia Commonwealth, talent-rich Kentucky faces Kansas State, top-seeded Arizona plays Weber State, and UMass plays in its first NCAA tournament since the Clinton administration, facing Tennessee.
- Previews of Saturday's eight NCAA tournament games.
- Friday morning's Bracket Racket explains why Warren Buffett is rich and you're not, why you don't always need a private jet to enjoy the tourney, and how a kid actor nearly stole the show.
- The women's NCAA tournament gets underway on Saturday, with 16 games, and a preview of all eight sub-regional sites.
- ORLANDO, Fla. - Fresh off his course record-tying 62, Masters champion Adam Scott had a three-shot lead going into the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- SYDNEY - The Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks get the major league season underway with the first of two games at the historic Sydney Cricket Ground, which has been transformed into a ballpark for MLB's first regular season game in Australia.
- INDIANAPOLIS - The Pacers have not been playing their best basketball over the past month. But that hasn't slowed down their chase of a second straight Central Division crown. On Friday night, the Pacers can take a big step toward that goal - if they can beat the Bulls at home. Indiana leads Chicago by 12 games with 14 to play.
- PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia 76ers are one more loss away from matching the second-longest losing streak in NBA history. The Sixers take a 22-game skid into their game against the New York Knicks.
- MINNEAPOLIS - Olympians Missy Franklin, Rachel Bootsma and others take part in the second day of competition in NCAA women's swimming and diving championships.
- KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - The stadium court schedule Friday at the Sony Open features the winners of 34 Grand Slam titles, including Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Venus Williams.
- PHOENIX - LPGA Tour rookie Mirim Lee tries to build on her lead in the JTBC Founders Cup after opening with an 8-under 64.
- COLUMBUS, Ohio - Star forward Rick Nash is expected to make his first appearance in Nationwide Arena since he was traded from Columbus to New York two years ago. On top of that, the Blue Jackets and Rangers are both aiming for a playoff spot.