FOX Sports Exclusive
RANKING THE ACES: Wolf stands tall
Share This Story
- ERA: The most common statistic to rate pitchers.
- WHIP: Keeping batters from reaching base.
- Strikeouts/walk ratio: A big measuring stick for success.
- Strikeouts/9 innings: Pitchers who strike out more batters tend to do better.
- Opponents' slugging percentage: Limiting the home runs and extra-base hits.
- Wins: Yes, wins aren't always "earned" but this is what the ultimate goal is ... nothing else matters.
|Ranking the aces|
|1.||1.||30||28||19||14||30||30||151||Hopefully the groin injury is a temporary setback.|
|2.||5.||20||30||29||23||13||21||136||Back to his winning ways.|
|3.||2.||29||26||14||13||26||27||135||Working on changing that career June ERA of 5.69.|
|4.||4.||23||17||25||27||16||18.5||126.5||Thrown at least 104 pitches in last eight starts.|
|5.||3.||24||27||24||26||25||NR||126||Will need to match Brown's performance in big Dodger series.|
|6.||7.||18||29||27||28||18||NR||120||Just biding time until return at this point.|
|7.||15.||10||25||6||21||17||17||96||Supplanted Millwood as staff ace.|
|8.||6.||25||21||10||NR||15||18.5||89.5||Last time out was his worst outing of season.|
|9.||10.||7||24||30||NR||NR||27||88||Apparently even the
|10.||9.||12||6||8||30||21||NR||77||Doing everything right but winning.|